Links

Monday, August 30, 2010

One Restaurant to Skip

Usually I'm all for supporting the local restaurants and shops...however after this past Friday there is a new restaurant in Oshkosh that I suggest skipping. I don't want to list names but I will tell you it is a "southwest grill and bar" located at the outlet mall. Sadly this location has been lacking for a good restaurant...even more sadly it is still lacking a good restaurant. We possibly had the worst dining experience in recent memory, so bad in fact it will not get the 2nd Chance Special to bring me back as a loyal customer.

We'll stick with the facts.....this isn't a super-new restaurant it has been open for a few months, so by now you should have SOME of the kinks worked out (God save the people that ate here in the meantime.) We walked in and everyone had that deer-in-the-headlights look. The service was very slow and it was not busy at all. They ran out of milk, of all things. No paper towels in the bathroom (ok, so this can happen.) One guest I was dining with had the corner of a plastic bag in her cup of soup (I'm guessing their soup is of the heat and eat variety and Campbells would have been a better choice.) All meals were cold, except mine (I had the chicken fajitas and I saw them sizzle there way to me.) All meals had little to no flavor, including my sizzling fajitas. IMO, the meals were overpriced even if the food was good, so bad food that isn't even cheap is even worse. They had a gimick item of a $27 burger (5 pattys I think)that if you can eat in 30 minutes or less, it is free. There was even a $26 clams and mussles entree to which I thought "are you kidding, who would pay that kind of money for something like that HERE.

My initial thought was Gordon Ramsey was doing Restaurant Nightmares episode and that was the reason for the horrible even...saddly Gordon never showed up, so the evening was a bust!

From the name of the restaurant (I'm sure everyone knows what it is by now) one would think they would have a drink menu (I never saw one)...or at the very least fresh margaritas....I believe ours may have been from a bottle or pre-mixed bucket of sorts. Truly, with the name of the restaurant and the name of an entree such as Cabo-Wabo T-Bone Ranchero, you really would think trendy with great food....not so much.

So take it from me...leave this one to the passers-by that are going through Oshkosh b/c unless their road traffic carries them this one will be long gone by next spring. To those that own and manage this restaurant "you really need to bring in some 'secret eaters' or something b/c you are missing the boat on this one!"

No comments:

Post a Comment