Links

Thursday, January 7, 2010

Bangkok Thai Cuisine

Bangkok Thai Cuisine on Urbanspoon
Location: 80 Wisconsin St, Oshkosh WI 54901
Phone: 920-232-0120

A few years ago I came across a Thai restaurant that was located in a previously-bad-luck-laced location. At least 2 other restaurants had come and gone. After eating here once my fingers were crossed that this place would be here FOREVER.

I've never been to Thailand but after tasting their food I would actually consider it, if only they would accompany me on my trip. From the quaint decor to the superb food, I was hooked from the minute I stepped inside.
I was so taken with this family-owned and operated restaurant that I grabbed a ton of their menus and gave them to any friend I came across. I also sent out an email to about 100 "friends" in the area and told them of this great place...perhaps a little selfishly as I didn't want this one to get away.

Why start my local recommendations with an "old" restaurant? It is my favorite! At this time it is closed on Sundays and that is the day I always get the urge to eat there.

Here are a few suggestions to get you started:
  • Sesame Chicken - amazing...too bad I think it is only available for dinner. They can make this one as mild or spicy as you'd like...I'm particular to the med-hot variety.
  • Vegetarian Egg Rolls (or Chicken Egg Rolls)- don't be swayed by the "crushed peanut sauce" for dipping as it is amazing, certainly not peanut-buttery or anything, I could drink it.
  • Crab Rangoon - I do not typically like crab rangoon and Chinese restaurants, but these I love.
  • Pad-See-U - Go crazy and get it vegetarian...you really can't go wrong with this one whatever "meat" you choose. A delicate flavor and delicious wide noodles.
  • Gang Garee - If you are more of a "meat and potatoes" kind of person, go with this one. A hearty dish made with your selection of meat. Its another you can choose the heat of the curry; go hot if you dare.

No comments:

Post a Comment